Oof! Whatever you are stressed about right now…. just know, you are NOT alone. Between finances, health, and childcare, it’s just a lot. These are REAL issues, REAL concerns, and we are with you. We want to help. From our stuck-at-home family to yours, we are here to offer some positivity during this trying time.
Want to know three things that make us smile over here at Scoil Rince Branwen Irish Dance? Our smiley students, our supportive parents, and… yep, you guessed it… DANCE! Dancing releases endorphins. So even though it may seem harder than ever before, now is the MOST important time to make sure our students KEEP dancing.
The dance community is a special one. We have been totally thrilled by the number of professional dance companies, studios, and individual dancers who have banded together to create virtual resources for fellow dancers.
From live online classes, to at-home workouts, we’ve compiled a list of amazing resources for your dancers! We also threw in some general resources for our parents who are suddenly expected to be teachers AND parents! We’ve got you.
Check out these awesome resources for dancers and parents during COVID-19:
- Celticore – Pilates-based training designed just for Irish dancers!
- CLI Studios – Try a new style of dance with industry-leading choreographers. Visit the website for a complete schedule and get moving!
- DANCIO – Take class with the stars of commercial dance from the comfort of your own home. They are offering a free 2-week trial!
- Dancing Alone Together – A day-by-day guide to all the live classes happening around the world! You will also find creative prompts and videos.
- Flexibility and Stability Classes – Follow Acrobatic Arts on Instagram to take advantage of their live classes.
- Podium On-Demand – Exercises and workouts designed to benefit any age and any level Irish dancer.
- STEEZY – Explore different urban dance styles like house, breaking, and popping. Free 7-day trial!
- Sugarfoot Therapy – Injury prevention workouts for dancers designed by a physical therapist
- Target Training – Strength and conditioning for Irish Dancers.
- BOKS – Free online fitness program for kids.
- CorePower Yoga On Demand – Parents this is for you! CorePower has released their online classes for free.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation designed specially for kids aged 3+
- GoNoodle – Keep your tiny dancer moving with these fun, free dance videos for the whole family!
- LES MILLS On Demand – Another great resource for parents to experience over 800+ workouts from home. They’re offering free trials!
- BroadwayHD – You can experience the magic of Broadway from home! They offer a 7-day free trial!
- Google Arts & Culture – Google has partnered with over 500 museums and galleries around the world!
- Met Opera – Every evening enjoy a FREE night at the opera from your couch!
- ABC Mouse – Reading, math, science, and art for ages 2-8.
- Kahn Academy – Free online learning and lesson plans for kids of ALL ages.
- LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems – Mo welcomes you into his studio at home and guides you through drawing activities using one of his favorite characters as inspiration!
- Raddish Kids – Healthy meal prep activities for families
- Scholastic Learn at Home – Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- Wild, FREE & Crafty – Free art lessons for kids and adults.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Stay updated and informed! The CDC recommends also following your local and state health agencies for additional information.
Whether you’re homeschooling kids, trying to work from home, or doing your best to keep your dancer active, we hope that you find these links helpful!
From all of us here at Scoil Rince Branwen Irish Dance, we are sending you warm and healthy thoughts. Together we will make it through this time, and we can’t wait to see you all back at the studio. Happy living room dancing to all of our students!